If you are not in Ireland, you might wonder what this Summer Festival is all about!
Check out this video from last year, I think it will give you a good idea!
It’s a bit like Ascot, but then in Galway!
I would describe Galway traffic in general as a bit congested at peak times, but for the rest it’s pretty ok..
During the Galway Races however, I would describe Galway traffic as heavily congested, crazy, and a journey that might take 10 minutes will take you an hour if not two, so check out the race schedule and arrange your trips accordingly!
|Date||Featured Race||First race||Last race||Admission|
|Mon July 25th||5.05pm||8.15pm||€20|
|Tues July 26th||Topaz Mile E.B.F. Handicap||5.05pm||8.15pm||€25|
|Wed July 27th||thetote.com Galway Plate||3pm||7.10pm||€30|
|Thurs July 28th||Guinness Galway Hurdle Handicap||1.50pm||6.05pm||€30|
|Fri July 29th||Guinness Handicap||5.10pm||8.30pm||€25|
|Sat July 30th||Ladbrokes Handicap Hurdle||2.25pm||5.30pm||€20|
|Sun July 31st||Connacht Tribune Handicap||2.20pm||5.55pm||€20|
- Race Traffic remain in Right Lane after Lynch Roundabout
- City Traffic remain in Left Lane after Lynch Roundabout
- Tunnel Entrance Proceed east along Dual Carriageway Bothar na dTreabh on N6, Stay in Left Lane to Tunnel Entrance (Garda Control).
- Avenue Entrance There is NO ACCESS from Bothar na dtreabh eastbound onto the Avenue Entrance at the times shown below. Access from Galway City & Connemara to the Avenue entrance will be from the Tuam Road ONLY.
- Green Entrance From Tuam Road ONLY. From the Font Roundabout (Flemmings) proceed onto the Tuam/Sligo Rd (N17). Turn Right at Two Mile Ditch (Garda Control).
- All Traffic from City reaching Lynch Roundabout (Western Motors / Clayton Hotel) will be directed towards the Coolough roundabout (entrance to M6).
- All Traffic reaching Lynch Roundabout (Western Motors / Clayton Hotel) will be directed towards the City from all other routes.