The trials and tribulations of finding a teaching job in today’s cut-throat market are to be aired in a brand new radio drama on Galway Bay FM tomorrow, August 31.
Galway Bay FM senior journalist Sorcha Crowley has written, produced and directed a once-off hour long drama entitled Due Process is Being Observed as part of a Broadcasting Authority of Ireland (BAI) funded Dramarama scheme.
The drama revolves around family relationships, friendship betrayals and political intrigue as young teacher Rebecca O’Brien applies for a job at a National School. It stars well-known local actors Máire Daly, Orla McGovern, Sinead Hackett, Ionia Ní Chroinín, Joan Gildea, Morgan Cooke and Brendan Murray and was recorded and edited by Sean Cooney at Ríl Media studios in Castlegar.
Dramarama is a joint initiative of BCI Sound & Vision and Learning Waves for radio broadcasters and independent production companies.
“I’m thrilled my radio play is being aired next week – given the current stiff competition for teaching jobs, I hope it’ll shed some light on how the struggle to find work can affect whole families. I’m trying to portray the whole ‘it’s not what you know it’s who you know’ culture which definitely still prevails within the teaching profession despite all the politically correct recruitment policies drawn up” says Ms Crowley.
“It’s an exciting new venture into radio drama for me and I’d like to thank the BAI and Keith Finnegan at Galway Bay FM for their support over the past year” she added.
“We’re delighted to be broadcasting another new radio drama on Galway Bay FM,” station CEO Keith Finnegan said. “We had huge success with Hairs and Races by Bernadette Prendergast and Declan Varley last year so it’s great to have another drama this year featuring local talent” he added. Due Process is Being Observed will be broadcast on Galway Bay FM tomorrow August 31 at 11am.
- Community Enterprise Centre (CEC) Business Development Programme – Enterprise Ireland — Community Enterprise Centre (CEC) Business Development Programme – Enterprise Ireland Community Enterprise Initiative (2015 – 2017) Overview of Community Enterprise Initiative What is the maximum funding available? How do I apply? What are the call close dates? Key contact/more information The overarching goal of the €5m Community Enterprise Initiative Fund is to stimulate and support [...]
- Like my Facebook page – your chance to win a 2015 Irish Calendar! — Dear Readers, I know it’s a bit late at this stage, but wanted to wish you all a belated Merry Christmas and a happy and healthy 2015 – may all your dreams /wishes come through! I haven’t been so active on this blog, as I have been busy working on a fundraiser for my favourite [...]
- Check out these vacancies at Ebay, Magento, Paypal, Stubhub in Dublin and Dundalk — Hello all, If you are looking for a job at Ebay, Paypal, Magento , Ebay Enterprise or Stubhub, check out the jobs portal. There are quite few vacancies in Ireland! If you click on this link, it will bring you to all the vacancies worldwide. As this blog is about finding a job in Ireland, [...]
- Sunshine , rain and a rainbow! — Hello Readers, So I went for a quick lunch break walk, and all looked sunny.. As I walked, the skies got very dark, and by the time I reached the end of our road, it had started to rain! Whilst I was getting drenched I saw a rainbow! Actually, when I look at the picture, [...]
- Galway Science & Technology Festival 2014 – tickets available as from the 14th of Nove... — Hi all, This is one of the events we go to each year, but usually I am too late to book any of the workshops as they’ll all be booked out.. This year somehow I saw a post on Facebook to remind when it is taking place. The event is taking place Sunday 23rd November 2014 [...]