Bee for Battens – Opportunities – Development & Communications Manager – Kerry based
Bee For Battens is the National Charity For Batten Disease in Ireland, a part of the Saoirse Foundation, a registered non profit charity in Ireland.
The Charity is growing and to ensure that we control and manage our future successfully we are looking for the right individuals to join us and BEE the differernce.
Development & Communications Manager
Renumeration: An appropriate package shall be offered to the right candidate.
The Development & Communications Manager will be responsible for leading the strategic planning, development and management of the fundraising/communications & marketing activities and function within The Saoirse Foundation / Bee For Battens (The Charity).
He/she will have responsibility for generating sufficient income on annual basis in order to support the vision and strategic objectives of the Charity. He/she will develop, agree and implement strategies that will deliver long term sustainable growth in fundraising income as well as increasing public support and confidence in the brand.
- Implement sustainable long term fundraising strategies to maximize income and develop brand awareness
- Develop and implement yearly operational plans to achieve agreed annual financial and strategic targets
- Lead and manage the fundraising team to deliver excellent financial results and the highest levels of support and recognition for volunteers and donors
- Develop and maintain key external relationships which support the achievement of fundraising, communications and marketing objectives
- Manage key relationships to deliver significant funding for projects and specific initiatives
- Develop and implement cost effective, sustainable marketing & communications strategies which increase awareness of The Charity amongst key target audiences
- Design and build a dynamic environment which supports the use of customer relationship management practices and systems in order to deliver best practice in support for volunteers, donor care and reporting
- Develop and implement a set of protocols and standard operating procedures which ensure that fundraising activity is carried out in line with the Statement of Guiding Principles for Fundraising
- Develop and execute a media strategy across all media, including press, broadcast social media and publications to raise the Charities profile and market activities (including fundraising, client services volunteer support, brand awareness)
- Assist The CEO to Implement and expand a social media strategy to raise the Charities profile and market its activities
- Management of The Charity website & Social Media Sites; updating content, ensuring consistency across all media outlets
A relevant degree or third level qualification ideally in marketing, or business disciplines is highly advantageous.
Skills Experience (Desirable):
- A minimum of 2-3 years experience in a senior management role in fundraising or marketing in the not for profit sector is highly desirable
- The ideal candidate will have successfully implemented a Fundraising Strategy or similar initiative
- Understanding of fundraising best practice and/or a demonstrable ability to transfer experience to the role is essential
- Ability to work in an environment where performance is measured against key targets
- Experience of website content management as well as implementing a social media strategy
- Strong organizational skills with excellent attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to influence across the organization and externally
- Highly creative with an understanding of consumer trends, innovative branding and marketing developments
- Project management experience with a demonstrable track record in delivering a high return from minimum resources
- Ability to secure large scale funding for specific projects or initiatives
- Strong working knowledge of social media as a communications, fundraising and marketing tool
- Ability to manage a complex group of stakeholders including staff, volunteers, donors and deliver communications strategies which engage the public
- Excellent negotiating skills
- Demonstrable ability to empathize with the aims and objectives of The Charity or similar organizations
- Excellent team building and people management skills
- Experience in marketing specifically in brand development and campaign management
- Experience in developing “Best Practice” database management
- Excellent written communication skills and the ability to deliver clear and concise reports
Please send your CV to Tony Heffernan, Chief Executive by email to info@BeeForBattens.org
Closing date: Close of business, Wednesday March 21st 2012
Follow us on Facebook
with regular updates